THE CHOCOLATE CHALLENGE






❌ RESEARCH THE HISTORY OF CHOCOLATE, AND HOW IT HAS CHANGED OVER THE YEARS.

✅ TRY FIVE NEW FLAVOURS OF CHOCOLATE THAT YOU'VE NEVER TRIED BEFORE. RATE THEM OUT OF FIVE AND EXPLAIN WHY.

My other half and I taste tested the following chocolates. I hadn't tried these flavours before, but he had tried some.

 

Hw put together a chart to score these chocolate flavours based on different factors. We gave each thing a score out of 5.


LIDL Mister Choc Turkish Delight Milk Chocolate - 5th place 🍫
We both agreed that this was the worst of the bunch. The smell and the flavour was too strong. We didn't like the taste. But the portion size of each cube was impressive. He also thought the chocolate texture felt cheap.

LIDL Fin Carré Milk Chocolate Rum, Raisin & Nut - 4th place 🍫🍫
The rum smell was very strong and detracted from the fruit and nut flavour. I usually like a fruit and nut chocolate, but I couldn't eat much of this one. He liked it more than I did.

Nestlé Aero Dark & Milk Peppermint - 1st place 🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫
We both agreed that this was the best flavour, which surprised me because I don't like dark chocolate. But because this had milk chocolate in it too, the flavour wasn't too harsh. And mint chocolate is super yummy!

Cadbury Dairy Milk Hot Cross Bun - 2nd place 🍫🍫🍫🍫 (other half - 3rd place 🍫🍫🍫)
This had a weird smell of cinnamon which didn't go well with the chocolate flavour, but the raisins and the crispy crunchy bits were very nice.

LIDL Fin Carré Salted Pretzel Milk Chocolate - 3rd place 🍫🍫🍫 (other half - 1st place 🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫)
I really liked this one, but the salted pretzel flavour wasn't strong enough for me. The crunch of the pretzels in the chocolate was a lovely texture. I enjoyed it.

❌ FIND OUT ABOUT THE FAIR TRADE MARK AND ETHICAL CHOCOLATE PRODUCTION.

❌ CREATE YOUR OWN IDEAL HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE - THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT WHAT GOES IN AND ON IT, AND HOW IT LOOKS. MAKE IT IF YOU CAN!

✅ GIVE SOMEONE A CHOCOLATE BAR AS A RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS.


✅ MAKE A SAVOURY DISH WHICH INCLUDES CHOCOLATE IN THE RECIPE




✅ LEARN ABOUT CHOCOLATE CLASSIFICATION. MAKE A VISUAL AID TO EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHOCOLATE.


✅ MAKE A CHOCOLATE-BASED DESSERT.

 



✅ DONATE AN EASTER EGG TO THE FOOD BANK (BEFORE APRIL 8TH).

❌ CREATE A CHOCOLATE SCULPTURE.

❌ DESIGN YOUR OWN CHOCOLATE BAR, INCLUDING THE PACKAGING.

✅ TRY A CHOCOLATE WHICH MEETS A DIETARY REQUIREMENT YOU DON'T HAVE - E.G. VEGAN CHOCOLATE OR LOW SUGAR CHOCOLATE.


✅ DECORATE AN EASTER EGG.



✅ BLIND TEST FIVE DIFFERENT BRANDS OF THE SAME TYPE OF CHOCOLATE. RATE THEM.



❌ SEND SOMEONE ON A CHOCOLATE HUNT.

❌ PLAY 'THE CHOCOLATE GAME'.

Comments