Yesterday I spent most of the morning putting the final touches to my Mario costume for the Rebel Cup March Bonus Points.
Mario costume made from a pair of jeans, and a blue pillowcase safety pinned to a pair of my dad’s braces, with my partner’s huge brown shoes! Alongside is a tin of Princess Peaches, CD coins, a piranha flower in a bin wrapped in a dressing gown, Bowser’s flag on a broom handle, in a toilet roll castle bin, and a couple of brick blocks, and a question block.
And I got a bonus point for my Piranha Plant!
And this morning I've spent my time doing some crafty things and some gardener things.
Last year I bought a 'grow your own herbs' planter, and then never got around to planting the seeds. When I opened it today, I noticed that the seeds had an expiry date of January 2023, but I thought I would plant them anyway and see if anything happens. The pot is now in the airing cupboard.
I also bought a 'grow your own Christmas Tree' which I doubt will work, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway!
And then I did some marbling. I didn't enjoy it. I don't know why I keep buying these kits from The Works. They're supposed to be easy but the end up being rubbish. I had to put some sort of thickening powder into the water, but it went all weird and globby and didn't dissolve properly. And then I made a mess with the inks. And then I couldn't find anywhere to dry the paper. And then I found enough placemats to dry each piece of paper. Some of the patterns are quite nice and it wasn't the worst thing to do, but I can't work out if the result is worth the process.
And it's now tomorrow, so I have planted my bonsai tree seeds (and made a mess in the process).
I went for a walk this morning and tried to look for a couple more geocaches, and I couldn't find anything. I know I was in the right place, but I still have no idea what I'm looking for!
After what seemed like a thousand years, I managed to record myself playing Barbie Girl on a child's xylophone. I'm going to try and record it again at a Rebel Meet Up so that I can get some bonus points having others march with me.
And I made a new cottage pie recipe for the Foodie Badge. Not gonna lie, it turned out quite rubbish. It was far too liquidy, and the potato sunk into the gravy. It looked awful (a bit like soup) but tasted okay. I'll take some of the ingredients from this one and add them to my already delicious cottage pie.









Comments
Post a Comment