STARTED: 1st September 2022
FINISHED: 24th February 2023
✅ 01 - Every day for a month, take a photo of your outfit. Which is your favourite? How did it make you feel? And your least favourite?
These are my outfits for the month of October. The month started out fairly warm so I continued wearing the same things as I’d been wearing throughout the summer. But as the month went on, the jumpers and tights had to come out!
I do own a lot of clothes, and I certainly don’t wear all of them, so I tried to challenge myself to wear something different every day. I also own a lot of shoes, and tried to mix those up as much as I could, but I did have to repeat wear some.
I had a couple of pyjama days this month, so two days (11th and 25th), I am wearing the same pyjama trousers, but this is because they are the comfiest ones I own. There is no picture for the 19th because this was the day of the Queen’s funeral. I didn’t bother to get dressed because I just sat in front of the telly all day watching the funeral, and didn’t think it was appropriate!
I have two favourites for this month - 18th September and 29th September. These are two very different looks. On 18th September I wore a navy blue t-shirt, khaki trousers rolled up, and a pair of navy blue Chelsea boots. This is quite a dull outfit for me. I often wear a lot of colour. Firstly, I bought these trousers earlier in the year but they didn’t fit me. I’ve lost some weight since then so was able to fit into these trousers, and that made me very happy. Secondly, I really like the shape of the t-shirt. I don’t know anything about fashion, so I can’t say what it is (something like a tank top maybe!). But I like the cut, the shape, the material. So even though this was a simple outfit, I think it suited me.
On 29th September, I wore one of my favourite skirts. It’s covered in a rainbow book spine pattern. I love reading and I love owning books (those are two different hobbies), so I love clothes that are book themed. And I especially like the bright colours. I have also discovered a company that sell tights which have different colour legs. People, in the main, like the tights, but there are still people who are confused and need to make comment. I wear odd socks, so why not odd tights?!
My least favourite it the outfit I wore on 17th September. I like all the components (colourful jumper, Care Bear tights, pink glittery trainers, asymmetrical dress), but for some reason I don't think they all go together that well. I don't ever worry about style and fashion, so things 'going together' (or not) has never been an issue. And in the main, I wear clothes for comfort rather than how they look. But this outfit just doesn't suit me as much as some of the others (in my opinion anyway!)
✅ 02 - What percentage of your wardrobe do you currently wear? What colours, items, styles and silhouettes did you wear most often?
I can't work out an accurate percentage of what I wear and don't wear, because I tend to fall in love with certain items and wear them every day, and then stop wearing them I favour of something else. And every now and then I find something that I forgot I owned, and then pull that out and wear that while ignoring some of my other clothes.
I wear most, if not all of the colours. I like bright and colourful things and tend to be drawn to the brighter hues, or things with loud patterns. I have a few 'dull' items of clothing, but tend to wear these underneath other things, for warmth or layering.
Because of work, I have to dress for comfort. During the summer I mainly wear t-shirts and 3/4 jeans or trousers, and in the winter it's jeans/trousers and hoodies. I occasionally wear 'nice' things for work but I don't want to get them ruined. When I'm not at work (and I'm not going out anywhere), I tend to just wear slouchy things for comfort. I should wear some of my nicer clothes more, but I feel like I have to wait for an occasion. This is a stupid thought, as every day should be an occasion. We should celebrate all the time and I may now start doing that!
Frustratingly, I'm quite tall, so often I have to wear clothes that fit rather than clothes that I'd ideally like. Quite a few places do sell clothes for tall people, which is good and does mean I have a few more options. However, for some strange reason, fashions dictate a lot of cropped items, which seem pointless, such as cropped jumpers and coats. This does mean that I end up wearing things I might not want to just so that I'm warm and covered. But I will always do my best to be colourful!
✅ 03 - How would you describe your style in words? How does it make you feel? How would you like it to make you feel? What messages do your current looks share with others?
Comfy and/or colourful. I've always liked bright colours. I've never been a slave to fashion. I like to be comfortable but also show how I feel through what I wear. I wear the bright colours because they make me feel happy and vibrant, and I also want others to feel happy when seeing all those colours. There's a time and a place for the more sombre look, but if I can be cheery then I will be.
✅ 04 - Make a collage, scrapbook or Pinterest board of outfits you love. Get inspiration from magazines, blogs and TV shows.
I love anything bright and colourful, and in an attempt to relive my childhood, I do keep buying things adorned with 90s Nickelodeon images! But I also love anything rainbow coloured. While being colourful, I also like a smart and tailored look, with trousers and shirts.
✅ 05 - Review your current wardrobe - how could you create some of the outfits you love with existing clothes? What do you need to add? Decide on up to 5 items for a wish list.
⓵ Wide legged trousers
⓶ Tailored jacket
⓷ Coloured dungarees
⓸ Statement coat
⓹ Long skirt
✅ 06 - Now return to your wardrobe - are there any items you haven’t worn for over a year, which don’t fit your ideal aesthetic? Donate these to charity.
There were a lot of clothes in my wardrobe that I hadn't worn in ages. Some things I just didn't like, but quite a bit didn't fit me. I held on to them 'just in case', but if I'm not wearing them, there's no point in holding on to them. I filled 3 bags wit unworn clothes. I am a bit sad to be getting rid of some of these items, as they do fit my aesthetic. Sadly, they no longer fit my body!
I took these bags of clothes to the St Elizabeth Hospice shop.














Comments
Post a Comment