DIARIST


STARTED: 7th August 2022
FINISHED: 7th February 2023

Over a period of six months, write a journal at least four times per week. You can decide whether you keep a gratitude journal, a bullet journal, a ‘one line a day’ diary, or a more detailed account. If you’ve never kept a journal before and don’t know what works for you,  feel free to experiment over the six months.

When covid hit, and we were told to work from home, my manager gave us various tasks to do, and one of those was to make a weekly video diary, talking about how we were feeling, how we were affected by the change in the world, our reactions to the covid news ... pretty much just how we felt, as a bit of therapy and catharsis. Even though the whole 'working from home' thing is over, and now we're learning to live with it, I'm continuing with the videos, talking about anything I've been doing during the week, any covid news, any political news, what I've been reading ... basically anything I want to talk about!

I made my first video on 28th March 2020, and shared it on Facebook. And every week since then I've made a video diary. I don't know if anyone watches them, but I enjoy making them! This weekend was Week 150. Although these weekly video diaries started out as a response to covid and being in lockdown, I felt like I needed to continue making them as a way of compiling my thoughts. I don't know if I'll ever stop making these videos, but for the time being I'm going to pump them out every weekend.

When I started doing the Rebel Badges, I thought the best way to keep track of what I was doing was to write a daily account as a blog. I started on the 7th August when I got my book and badges, and I will continue until I've completed everything! It's been pretty cool to see my progress, and these 'diary' blogs help me collect everything together so I can see what I've done and what I need to do. So although I can claim this badge, the diary blog will continue into eternity!

Comments