EXERCISE EVERY DAY
Stairs instead of lift -- floor posture exercises -- 6,544 steps
FILM CRITIC
06 - AN ACTION MOVIE
I'm not a fan of action films. I know I've seen some, but I don't overly enjoy them. But I saw Bullet Train in the library, and I quite like Brad Pitt, so I thought I'd give it a watch.
Well ... I don't know where to start with this. It is advertised as an action comedy film, and it has got quite a few laugh out loud moments, but I can't say that I loved it. I really wasn't sure what was going on, because there was a lot going on all at once, and it doesn't take much to confuse me! It had a suitable amount of violence and death for an action film. Guns, fist fighting, and an escaped snake are the reasons for a lot of bloodshed in this film.
Brad Pitt's character, Ladybird, gets on a bullet train in Japan to retrieve a briefcase containing money. The briefcase belongs to two assassins, Tangerine and Lemon, who are on the train with a man who they rescued from a kidnapper, and will be delivering the man and the briefcase to the man's father, known as The White Death. Also on the train is Yuichi Kimura who is avenging his son, who is currently in hospital after being pushed off a building. He is looking for the person who did it, and finds her in The Prince, a young British woman, who lured him onto the train in the hope he would kill The White Death. (See, I told you it was confusing!) During this time, because of a lot of crossed and confusing connections, people are shot, people accidentally shoot themselves, and other bit-part assassins do a bit of attacking for what seems like no real reason. And all of this is going on while other passengers are on the train, yet no-one else seems to notice.
The comedy bits are very funny, and the action bits are very actiony. But for me, there was too much going on.

Comments
Post a Comment