This isn't badge related, but it is. All of my completed (and uncompleted) badges are sitting in an envelope. I didn't know how to show them off. And then I thought of buying a blanket to sew them on to. So here's the start of my badge blanket. My hand stitching isn't great, but it's better than nothing!
EXERCISE EVERY DAY
30 second wall sit -- floor posture exercises -- went for a walk -- stairs rather than lift -- 4,495 steps
INDOOR GARDENER
05 - Know when to transplant a plant to a larger pot. Transplant your cactus as it grows and monitor the impact this has on its size.
I have moved my cactus into a bigger pot. Let's see how it grows.
Also, after pruning my indoor rose, little shoots have started sprouting out of where I snipped off the dead heads. So I must have done something right there!
BRAIN GAMES
I thought this badge would be easy to get because I like playing brain games like Wordle, and doing Sudoku. But part of this badge is to do two puzzles or games that you've never played before. And I thought I'd played a lot. So I posted a question in the Rebel Badge Club Facebook group, asking for recommendations for new games and puzzles I could try. So I've found some new things to try. Some are easy and some are tricky, but they all massage a different part of the brain which is good!
🧩 Duolingo Math
🧩 Word Stacks
🧩 Waffle
🧩 Dutrigordle
🧩 Brain It On
🧩 Worldle
🧩 Contexto
🧩 One Clue Crossword
🧩 Framed
🧩 Wordiply
TV CRITIC
05 - Choose a TV drama series with at least three parts. Watch it all, then take a step back and analyse the show. Who were the most impactful characters? What were their character arcs? What were the key messages of the show?
This is a 4 part drama, originally on Channel 5 (I think), but I found it on Netflix.
Sheridan Smith plays Jenna Garvey, a teacher at a high school, who is accused of sexually assaulting one of her students, Kyle, in a nightclub toilet. This is quite an intense show. It's going to take me a little while to process everything that's gone on before I can review it! So many twists and turns. Too many times I thought I'd worked it out, and then there's another red herring!
REBEL BUDDY
Someone posted a message in the Rebel Badge Facebook group, asking for people who would want to buddy up for this badge, but also for the My Story Badge.
I hadn't thought about doing the My Story Badge, but this will be a good start and I've got a few ideas for doing something a bit different and creative.
MY STORY
So, as above, Ruby has sent me a few questions to think about for the start of this badge.
These are certainly interesting questions, and I'm looking forward to answering them.
ADVANCED READER
This challenge is going to have two separate parts.
Part 1 - I don't read a lot of non-fiction so I would like to try and read at least 10 non-fiction books over the next year, each coming from a different part of the Dewey Decimal System.
Today I started The Revenge of the Librarians by Tom Gould - Dewey number 741.5694.






Comments
Post a Comment