Day 130
CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
Watch at least three Christmas movies
13) A Christmas Karen
14) Christmas with the Coopers
GOOD HABITS
Teeth.
Day 131
CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
Watch at least three Christmas movies
15) I Believe in Santa
16) Who Killed Santa?
17) Shaun the Sheep - The Flight Before Christmas
Decorate a gingerbread house
I've never made gingerbread before, so I thought I'd give this a go. I was going to cheat and get a pre-made kit to decorate, and then I thought, 'no - these things are supposed to challenge us' so I found a recipe for a gingerbread house, and made the panels today.
I may have left it in the oven longer than I should have, but after the 12 minutes, it was still a bit soft. We shall see. It's now in the kitchen cooling. I will leave it to cool over night so that it's solid and sturdy (hopefully) enough to stand being decorated!
When it comes to icing, I won't be using the recipe as it uses egg whites and I'm not confident doing that, so the glue will be made with royal icing sugar.
Make a festive ornament
As this is a monthly challenge to challenge us, I thought I'd try and make some Christmas tree ornaments from salt dough. This recipe made far too much. I could have halved it and still been well over. It's flour, salt, vegetable oil, and water. When mixed, it looks like a biscuit dough (but I doubt it would taste very nice). I rolled it out and cut out some shapes using Christmas cookie cutters.
I baked them in the oven until they became biscuity! Weirdly, some of them started to rise. I'm going to leave them to cool and then I'll give them some colour.
Learn about the different celebrations which take place in December around the world
This is celebrated on 7th December, as the unofficial start of the Christmas season. People put candles in their houses and on their porches, in honour of the Virgin Mary.
This is celebrated at Mass on Christmas Eve, and is also known as Rooster's Mass, as people sometimes bring chickens along because they believe a rooster was the first to announce the birth of Jesus.
Celebrated on 23rd December, people carve scenes using radishes. Initially, religious scenes were carved and displayed at a market. People then started to buy radishes to carve and display as a centre piece on their Christmas table.
GOOD HABITS
Mail.


















Comments
Post a Comment