CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
Watch at least three Christmas movies
4) It's A Very Muppet Christmas Movie
READER
Finished The Christmas Competition by Mel Taylor-Bessant
Read The Three Wishes by Alan Snow
Read On Angel Wings by Michael Morpurgo
Read Little Elf's Christmas Surprise by Helen Baugh
Read An Odd Dog Christmas by Rob Biddulph
Started reading The Christmas Chronicles by James Newman Gray
TV CRITIC
Trying to find TV shows that I wouldn't normally watch is difficult as I do watch most things, or at least give them a go. However, I rarely enjoy action based things, or politics or spies or war or guns. So Jack Ryan isn't something I would choose to watch. And after watching the first episode, I don't think I'll watch more.
It's not that it wasn't good; it just wasn't for me. Plus, I struggle to see John Krasinski as anyone other than Jim Halpert. Especially as Jack Ryan is just as awkward and nerdy as Jim. Perhaps the character develops as the show goes on. I also haven't read the books; again because this type of stuff doesn't appeal to me.
Jack works as a financial analyst for the CIA. When he discovers that an Islamic extremist has been making a lot of suspicious monetary transfers, he's taken from his 'boring' desk job to Yemin to find out what's going on. There are a lot of guns and a lot of spying and a lot of violence, and I just know I won't want to watch more. I just don't understand American politics, what the CIA does, and their obsession with shooting people.
The music was good, as was the acting. And there were explosions, which I know are necessary for things like this. But at least I gave it a go!







Comments
Post a Comment