Today has been a busy day, but with lots of Rebel Badge type stuff!
It must have taken me just over an hour to sew 6 rows of 6 squares. The thread kept coming out of the needle, and sometimes the thread would snap. So it certainly wasn't the easiest of processes, but this was my first try so I can't complain. I am going to complain about my back aching because I couldn't find a comfortable position to sit in while sewing. I was very hunched over so that I could lean in close to make sure I was going in a straight line. It also took some time to get a good amount of pressure on the foot pad.
CRAFT
The glue didn't work at buffering the sharp bits of craft wire on the button necklace I made yesterday. I may need to use the hot glue gun, so that it makes soft smooth globules. We shall see. When I put it on, I could feel the sharp bits, so something will need to be done about it.
Today I also started sewing my patchwork bits to make my Christmas bandana. I've taken my mum's sewing machine as she no longer needs it, and even though there were instructions, I still struggled with setting it up. Threading the needle and winding the bobbins and all that malarkey was quite fiddly and I did get quite frustrated. And by quite, I mean a lot! Nonetheless, I persevered.
I chose to sew with red and green cottons, because they're Christmassy colours, but ultimately that doesn't matter because the stitches aren't going to be seen.
I now need to iron the seams flat on the back so that I can sew the rows together. And then I need to hem it, and it'll be done. But I'm too tired to do that today!
READER
Read The Big Christmas Bake by Fiona Barker.
Read Bookworms by Nyanda Foday.
Read Little People, Big Dreams - Helen Keller
Read Kid Christmas of the Claus Brothers Toy Shop by David Litchfield.
Finished How To Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie.
FITNESS
15 minutes of hooping.
GOOD HABITS
50 squats.
Teeth.


Comments
Post a Comment