READER
Read We Wish You A Smelly Christmas by Lucy Rowland.
CRAFT
So, I wanted to try as many crafts as I could for this badge, within the 3 month time limit (I know the time limit is arbitrary, and we can do as many or as few as we want, within any time scale ... but anyway ... ). Ages ago I bought some 'Christmassy' buttons (red, white, and green) with the idea to do something crafty with them, but no real direction. Then I thought I could use them in the jewellery making clause. I found this video on YouTube ...
... which shows how to make a button necklace. It looked fairly straightforward so I thought I could try something like that with my buttons. I bought a chain off eBay and set to work. I obviously don't have any jewellery making tools so I couldn't do exactly what is shown in this video, but I gave it my best shot.
I'm not going to lie, I didn't enjoy this at all. It was extremely fiddly, and without the right tools, I just couldn't get the wire to co-operate. I bound the buttons together with crafting wire, but I couldn't properly 'tie' it off, so there were sharp bits of wire poking out. I blobbed on some clear drying glue, and I'll wait to see how it looks tomorrow. It also doesn't look how I had hoped it would look. But I guess the whole point of this is to give things a try. I might have loved it and found a new hobby. Sadly, this was not the case.
FITNESS
GOOD HABITS
Laundry.
Mail.
Teeth.
Comments
Post a Comment