Covid is kicking my backside this time around. I feel like I’ve got an elephant sitting on my head. I can do a few bits for a little while, and then my head starts to pound and I have to just give up. I know I should be resting, but when I feel okay I then want to do something.
Day 66
CRAFT
I finished my weaving. I’m not happy with the whole thing but I’m happy that I learnt some new stitches (is that what they’re called?!) and when I’m feeling less grotty I’m going to try something else. It wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be, and I’m glad of that. I don’t tend to learn new things, and I guess that’s the point of this book - to get us doing things we wouldn’t normally do.
ARTIST
01 - paint or draw a self portrait
I’m not really one for drawing. My dad is an artist and he loves drawing, and has always tried to teach me how to do it, but I’ve never been interested. Not going to lie, I wasn’t looking forward to doing the drawing clause, but I thought I’d give it a try. This is my first conscious effort of drawing for years and I’m not going to leave this as my final attempt, but for a first scribble, I’m okay with it.
FITNESS
Day 67
SELF CARE
I was joined in today’s bath by Alexa. I used to listen to music when I had baths, and then when I started having showers, I didn’t bother because I wasn’t in the bathroom long enough.
Me: Alexa, at some bath time music.
Alexa: Here’s ‘pop for a relaxing bath.’
I was serenaded by the likes of Jason Mraz, Bruno Mars, Niall Horan, Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran (although I’m not sure that a song about a young girl being a prostitute and taking drugs to escape her life is a relaxing song …), Adele, and a new band that I quite like called Lord Huron. I’d never heard of them before but I’m very much enjoying their music now.
I don’t know if it added to the ‘relaxing’ feel, but I did like belting out some of the bigger songs. I guess I was resting even though I was singing.
FITNESS
So I contacted the eBay seller yesterday to say that my hadn’t arrived, and I was offered the choice of a refund or to receive the product. I want the hoop, but PayPal let me know today that I’ve been refunded. So I will see if I can buy another one. It’s frustrating because I was really getting into the habit of hooping. But I will do it again!
READER
Page 43 of How To Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie.
CRAFT
So, a lot of the crafts I either already do or have done in the past. But one I’ve never done is patchwork. I have used a sewing machine many years ago, but my mum set it up and I just followed her instructions. I can’t even remember what I sewed! Anyway, I got some Christmas fat quarters, and I’m going to make a simple (I hope!) patchwork bandana.
I bought a roller fabric cutter and ruler, and have borrowed some books from the library just to give me a basic idea of what to do. One book I looked at said that it’s a good idea to wash the fat quarters before working with them in case any of the dye comes our the fabric shrinks. I thought I could just shove them in the washing machine, but then I read something online that said not to do that because the fabric can fray. So this morning I got some hot soapy water in a bowl and hand washed the fabric. And even doing it that way, some bits frayed. I rinsed off the soap and hung them up on an airing horse to dry. They will need to be ironed before I do anything with them, but at least they’re nice and clean.
GOOD HABITS
Teeth.







Comments
Post a Comment