This is my first official badge that I have completed, which is quite exciting! And I loved doing this one. My other half, perhaps, was not enjoying as much as I was, what with me dragging him all over the place looking for scarecrows and chickens and funny street names. But by about halfway through the month, I think he was getting in to it, showing a little bit of excitement whenever he saw a leprechaun or a traffic sign with an animal on it.
Of the 30 items, I could only submit 29, but one of them wasn’t accepted as it wasn’t exactly what was requested. Nonetheless, I had so much fun hunting and can’t wait for the next one!
✅ The nicest view from a bench within walking distance of your home
This was taken from a bench about 5 minutes’ walk from my house. The grass is usually a lot greener, and in the spring there are loads of daffodils along this walk.✅ The oldest expiry date in your kitchen
As we’ve only been living in our current place for about a year and a half, I wasn’t expecting to find anything out of date in the kitchen cupboards, but my other half found a box of curry powder which expired in June 2013!✅ You … with another Rebel
Here’s me with Sorrel, another rebel and the reason I’m now on this Rebel Badge journey! We’ve become friends through my work, and I saw that she posted this scavenger hunt on her Facebook, and because of that, I just had to join in!✅ A painting or statue of one of the five patrol rebels
I thought I was never going to find something for this part of the hunt. I searched Google Maps for graffiti and couldn’t spot anything near to me. And then we were walking through Great Yarmouth and I spotted this painting of Freddie Mercury in the window of an art gallery. I’m annoyed about the window reflections, but I got my patrol rebel and that’s all that matters!✅ A rude or funny street name
I had to do a double take when I saw this street sign in Eye. I know it’s not really rude, but my first thought was rude, and it did give me a chuckle.✅ A creepy toy
These Huggy Wuggy things terrify me. I don’t know why parents allow their children to play with such horrible toys.✅ The strangest item you can find in a charity shop
Christmas cards on their own aren’t strange. But when you know that I took this photo at the beginning of August, for me, it’s far too early to be thinking about Christmas (and I love Christmas!).❌ A coin minted this year
This was not allowed. The coin had to have a 2022 date on it. I tried to make the argument that this could have been minted within the past 12 months, which is a year, but this wasn’t acceptable!✅ The word rebel on a sign
I spent ages looking at shop signs and road signs, in the hope I’d find the word rebel. And then one night, when I was lying in bed, drifting off to sleep, I remembered that we have this sign on our kitchen door! Nothing in the clause said it had to be a commercial sign.✅ A scarecrow not scaring any birds
This was a tricky one to find. Even though I live near some allotments, none of the plots had a scarecrow. Then, while we were queueing to cash in our tickets at an amusement arcade in Felixstowe, I noticed the graphics on this game - that chicken is certainly not scared of that scarecrow. In fact, the chicken is giving him the eye!✅ The most random medal or trophy you can find
My other half plays cricket, and he made this trophy out of an old stump and ball for a yearly friendly game between his team and another local team.
✅ The most expensive item of food in a supermarket - including price tag
A frozen turkey for £30.
✅ The cheapest item of food in a supermarket - including price tag
A tin of sliced carrots for 23p.✅ A traffic sign featuring an animal
A deer type thing, and a horse on a merry go round.
✅ A not scary dog in front of a ‘beware of the dog’ sign
Lily and I searched high and low for a ‘beware of the dog’ sign on our walkies, but couldn’t find one anywhere. And then I saw one still in its packet sitting on my dad’s desk. I put it on the gate and attempted to get a photo of the only dog on the planet who hates having her photo taken!
✅ You using a piece of technology from the 1980s
My other half was clearing out some of his toys and came across this remote controlled robot, from 1984. We put some batteries in it, and, surprising us both, it worked! It moved backwards and forward, and provided minutes of fun!
✅ You using a piece of technology from the 1990s
My goodness, what I wouldn’t do to get something for this scavenger hunt! I could not find any working technology from the 90s (I found a Walkman and a Discman, but neither worked). And then I remembered the keyboard that Father Christmas bought me in 1995. I asked my dad about it and he said it was in the loft. I was hoping it was near the hatch so that all I had to do was reach in and grab it. Alas, this was not so. It was right at the back. I don’t know how many spider webs I had in my hair by the time I climbed down the ladder. And then … I couldn’t find the power cable! Thankfully my parents don’t throw anything away and I found the plug in a drawer in the living room. ✅ You using a piece of technology from the 2000s
My 2006 iPod still works and still joins me on long train journeys.✅ The most multicoloured item you can find - count the colours
Most of the statues on the Ipswich owl trail were colourful, but I think this one had the most colours. It is made up of 40 different shades.✅ Something which costs less than 99p
A plant pot in sale in Primark, which should have been £1.50 but was only 50p.
✅ Your oldest possession
Tiny Teddy is about 39ish years old, and the Bible is from ✅ The smallest key you can find, next to the biggest key
The key that locks our living room window alongside a radar key.
✅ Something stolen (before the hunt, not during)
So as not to incriminate anyone, this fork was stoked from an extremely overpriced restaurant. The food most certainly wasn’t worth the money spent on it. Sadly, this fork didn’t financially make up for it!✅ Something naughty
A naughty Ipswich Town FC fan expressing their views about Norwich City FC, with a naughty sticker.
✅ Something fake
Some fake flowers in a fake nose vase.✅ Something homegrown
Succulents grown from seeds planted in January 2021.✅ The nearest defibrillator to your home or work
This defibrillator is at the train station which is fewer than 5 minutes walk from my house.
✅❌ A leprechaun beside a wishing well
I found leprechauns and I found wishing wells, but never together. I submitted this, in the hope that the person marking my pictures would see this as a leprechaun who shaved his beard because of the hot summer weather. Nope, not allowed (but I’m not surprised!).
✅ A ladybird
‘Bishybarnybee’ is the Norfolk word for ‘ladybird’.✅ A chicken crossing the road
My chicken friend helping my carry my KFC home for tea.































Comments
Post a Comment