Day 34 & 35

A busy day yesterday meant that I didn’t have time to post anything. But that doesn’t mean I didn’t do anything.

Day 34

READER

I started Needle by Patricia Lawrence. It’s a very sad story about a girl in foster care who is trying to deal with her anger issues.




MY STYLE

We have two outfits today. I was at work all day and then we had to go to a wedding reception type thing in the evening.


I don’t really do ‘dressing up’ and weddings fill me with anxiety. I don’t understand them, and I don’t like having to be sociable, so I can’t say I had fun. But I did get to wear a new dress and new tights, which is a bonus!



And here are my outfits for the past 5 days.



FITNESS

No time for hooping.


GOOD HABITS

Teeth.

Day 35

MY STYLE

I’m not feeling great today, so I’m having a lazy day designed for comfort.




FITNESS

Not feeling well means no hooping for me. Weight and measurements are still fluctuating, but staying in the same area. I know I need to work harder to see more results, but sometimes that just too tiring.



Last Sunday (4th September)             Today (11th September)
Weight: 191.6lb                                  193.8lb
Chest: 101.5cm                                   101cm
Waist: 91cm                                        93cm
Hips: 107cm                                       108.5cm

READER

03 - write a review of one of the books (I regularly do book reviews on TikTok and will share them once I’ve posted them on there).

I finished Needle by Patrice Lawrence, and it left me feeling extremely emotional. Charlene is in foster care after her mum dies. She doesn’t know where her dad is. Charlene’s sister, Kandi, has gone to live with her dad. There are only two things that Charlene loves; her sister, and knitting, so she’s knitting a blanket for Kandi. When the blanket is destroyed by the son of Charlene’s foster mum, Charlene stabs him in the hand with one of her knitting needles, and is immediately removed from the home and taken in to custody. This book brilliantly shows how rife injustice is, how young people find it difficult to reconcile how they feel with what they should feel. 

Charlene is seen as a troubled teen with anger issues, and in some ways that is correct. But she’s labelled as bad without anyone looking into why she behaves that way. She’s hurting after the death of her mother. She’s alone in the world without anyone to turn to. And she’s forbidden to see her sister, the one constant in her life. So when the blanket is destroyed, Charlene sees the hard word and love she put into her craft, strewn across the floor. Of course she’s going to lash out. She cares too much, when others don’t care at all. But she can’t articulate it.

I felt so sad for her because she just needs someone to be there for her, to love her, to support her, and to help her come to terms with all the horrible things happening to her. This is a well written book with great characters, and a story that pulls on the heart strings. 4 stars.

CRAFT

Another badge themed collage.



GOOD HABITS

Teeth.

Comments