Today I’ve been watching my other half play cricket. It’s not my idea of fun, but I do like to support him every now and then. Plus, when it got far too hot, I was able to sit in the hut and read my book. Which nicely leads me on to …
READER
I have finished reading The Case Against the Sexual Revolution by Louise Perry. I really don’t read non-fiction, but this was really interesting and very easy to read. Although it’s written like a thesis, it doesn’t labour points for too long. It gives anecdotes and cases to back up Perry’s points, and then moves on. The whole thing really makes you think about the idea of ‘the sexual revolution’ and whether or not women benefit from this new found sexual freedom, or are they still playing into men’s hands by doing things they don’t want to just to please men or prove to the world that they’re not prudes. I gave it 4 stars.
I started In. by Will McPhall, and finished it today. It’s a graphic novel about a guy called Nick who really struggles to talk to people (I understand how that is!), and this is a beautifully illustrated look into his life. It didn’t take that long to read. It’s full of emotion, and even when the illustrations have no words, they say so much.
MY STYLE
While the weather is being stupidly hot, I don’t seem to have much style. I’m just wearing anything that doesn’t make me sweat to death! So I may carry this on for 2 months, just to see a range of what I wear by choice and not by necessity.
FITNESS
No time for hooping today. I really feel like I’ve plateaued. I should possibly up my game and add some other exercises to my day. It’s just finding the time.
Last Sunday (28th August) Today (4th September)
Weight: 192.6lb 191.6lb
Chest: 101.5cm 101.5cm
Waist: 91cm 91cm
Hips: 108cm 107cm
GOOD HABITS
Teeth.




Comments
Post a Comment