Day 5

BAKER

I used to do a lot of baking, but since moving on new house and contending with a smaller kitchen, I’ve not really have the impetus. 

However, there is a cake sale at work tomorrow to raise money for charity, so I thought I would make some cupcakes. And this will go towards my Baker Badge.

08 - a batch bake of 12  identical items

And I have made 12 (almost) identical carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (decorated with gold things and a spritz of gold glitter.

I got the recipe from BBC GoodFood - Carrot Cake Cupcakes



And the best part of all this … licking out the bowl! It was yummy! I’ve still got quite a lot of the icing left over, so could probably have reduced the recipe by a third. Frustratingly I won’t be able to taste these, but they smell good and look pretty decent, so I’m pleased.

INDOOR GARDENER

I went to the shops today to look for some new pots so I could repot some succulents, but didn’t find anything suitable. I did, however, find this …


It’s a herb pot, containing seeds for basil, mint, thyme, and parsley. So let’s see if I can keep these alive, and if (when I do), I can use the herbs in my cooking for the Chef Badge. I’ll probably plant this on Sunday.

FITNESS

15 minutes hooping. I tried to move my feet and hula at the same time, but my body doesn’t work that way! But in some good news, I was able to remove one of the links.



I have gained 1lb since yesterday but that’s not a problem.





GOOD HABITS

50 squats.

Teeth.

SCAVENGER HUNT

Something that cost lest than 99p.




Comments