Day 2

CRAFT 

I thought everything was going really well with my Christmas tree cross stitch, until … I noticed that there were blue bits on the picture and blue on the key, but no blue thread in the pack.


It did only cost me £1 from The Works, so I can’t really complain. And thankfully I bought a pack of different colour threads because I needed more black to finish another one (unsurprisingly, which came from The Works, and didn’t have enough black thread in the pack!)

Secondly, and more frustratingly, I think I may have misjudged my starting point, and started stitching too far down, meaning that I may not have enough room at the bottom to complete the image.

I think I was just too eager and excited to start the challenge that I went in with a bit to much vim!

SELF CARE

05 SCREEN TIME - make an active effort to limit your screen time or time spent on social media.

The irony that I’m trying to complete my Diarist badge by writing an online blog, while also trying to reduce my screen time for the Self Care badge isn’t lost on me! However, I am going to try to stop picking up my phone whenever I’m bored and can’t think of anything to do. I’ve note got a thousand badges to complete, so I really shouldn’t get bored.

On Sunday 7th August, my screen time was …

(Top is iPad, bottom is phone)

I’ll see each week whether or not I’ve reduced my time.

FITNESS

15 minutes of hooping, slightly easier than yesterday but still tricky.

Weight:

I’ve been thinking and I’m going to save my body measurements for a weekly update rather than daily.

GOOD HABITS

Last night I got into bed without brushing my teeth, but thankfully remembered and went to clean my gnashers.

50 squats squatted.

BAKER

I’ve also been researching different types of bread to bake. I’ve never made bread before, so this will definitely be a challenge. I don’t know when I’ll start this task though.

SCAVENGER HUNT

The most multicoloured thing you can find - count the colours



Comments