I’ve had the house to myself all day, so I’ve used my time productively.
CRAFT
Ages ago, a friend bought me a macramé kit, and I’ve been rubbish and haven’t done it. But I guess my brain knew that I needed to save it for part of my Craft Badge. I think the kit is intended for children … which makes me laugh because … well, I’ll let you know why in a bit.
This isn’t the traditional knotting of yarn type thing, but it says macramé on the box, so I’m going with it. Basically, the task is to wrap wool around the rope, make patterns, and end up with a rainbow of some description. That bit was fairly straightforward, but it was difficult to make sure there were no gaps in the wool.
And then I decorated each bit with the leftover wool.
And then it came to the bit where I had to connect all the bits and turn it into a rainbow. This is where I question whether or not this is actually for children because this was very tricky. The book said to use PVA glue to stick each bit together, but the glue wouldn’t hold it. Maybe I needed more glue, I don’t know. But whatever, I couldn’t get the bits to stick. The instructions also said to use the giant plastic needed included to stitch the pieces together so I thought I’d try that. I could not get it to hold. I used a metal needle in the hope that it would be sharper and go through easier. It looks like a disaster. I gave up after trying to connect yellow to orange. I felt that if I carried on, I’d end up throwing it out the window. So I have left it like this for now …
… and I will carry it on when I’m in a bit more patient mood!
So I then decided to throw my energy into something I’ve wanted to do for a while - scrapbooking/journaling. I keep seeing videos on TikTok of people making beautiful collages with lovely little pictures and stickers and patterned paper, and I’ve wanted to give it a try. So I treated myself to some packs of paper and stickers, and I started out by making some images inspired by the different badges in the Rebel Badge Book.
Musician
Reader
Florist
READER
The Absolutely True Story of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie - page 44
FITNESS
15 minutes of hooping. It’s certainly getting easier. I didn’t stop as often as I have done. Although going anti-clockwise is still a struggle. I really need to loosen my hips!
Last Sunday I was recovering from a poorly tummy, so it seems like I’ve put on weight, but it’s because I lost so much through being poorly. Anyway, here are the stats.
Last Sunday (14th August) Today (21st August)
Weight: 190.8lb 192.8lb
Chest: 103cm 101cm
Waist: 97cm 91cm
Hips: 110cm 107cm
SCAVENGER HUNT
A not scary dog in front of a ‘beware of the dog’ sign.
GOOD HABITS
Teeth.
50 squats.

















Comments
Post a Comment