Day 10

BAKER

03 - at least 3 types of biscuit

My other half bought a bag of apples but a couple of them were bruised, so he left them out on the side. I didn’t want them to go to waste so I did a little Google search for apple biscuits, so that I could tick off more towards my Baker Badge. I found a recipe for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies at Cooking Classy. It looked nice and straightforward, plus I had all the ingredients in the house. It’s finally started raining after a thousand years of heat and I didn’t fancy going out unless absolutely necessary.


The recipe is American, so there were a few things I had to look up. There didn’t look to be a lot of mixture, and the recipe says it makes 19 cookies. I made a slight size judgement error and only managed to make 10 cookies! They’re huge!


I only dolloped a spoonful out for each cookie, but I could have quite easily halved that. If they taste good and I make them again, I’ll remember to not be so generous!


They smell good, so that’s a good start.


Weirdly, these cookies are very cakey in texture. They taste okay, but the texture isn’t the best. I don’t know if it’s because I made them too big and they didn’t cook properly (even though they were in the oven longer than the required time). I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

SCAVENGER HUNT

A painting or statue of one of the patrol rebels.


I never thought I’d be able to get this one. I kept seeing their faces on book covers or birthday cards, I never an actual painting. Until Sunday! After being poorly on Saturday, we decided to out for a walk on Sunday, so that I could get some fresh air and stop me getting cabin fever. We were walking along a road in Great Yarmouth that we’d not walked before, and there he was, singing at me from the window of an art gallery!

READER

01 - over a period of three months read at least six books.

I am an avid reader, and I’m already doing The Ultimate Reading Challenge to get me reading a variety of different things. Today I started reading The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie for the ‘read a book that features an indigenous person’ part of The Ultimate Reading Challenge.



I only had a chance to read one chapter, so I’m on page 7.

FITNESS

15 minutes of hooping.



GOOD HABITS

50 squats.

Put away washing.

Teeth.

CRAFT

So close to finishing my cross stitch Christmas tree. I had to adapt the stitches around the bottom because I ran out of space.




Comments