Where to start?! Perhaps at the beginning, or perhaps 7 days in!
A week ago, a friend posted something on Facebook about a Rebel Scavenger Hunt, and I quite like a challenge, so I asked her about it. It stems from Rebel Badge Club. From the website: Rebel Badge Book is made of 52 different badges, and corresponding syllabuses that you have to complete, to get the badge. The topics are many and varied spanning Crafts, Hobbies, Sports, Wellness, the Outdoors, and lots more! Once you’ve got the book, come and join our Facebook Group - Rebel Badge Club - for inspiration and support from other Rebels, and to keep yourself accountable.
Anyway, back to the scavenger hunt … there are some random things to hunt out. Some easy, some tricky, and some where you can use a bit of poetic licence! What do you think?
So far, this week I have found … a ladybird, the oldest expiry date in my kitchen cupboard, me using a piece of tech from the 80s, my oldest possession, something fake, a strange in a charity shop, and a random trophy.
By taking part in the scavenger hunt, I felt that I should join the Rebel Badge Club. So I ordered the book and the stickers and waited to see what challenges I would be faced with.
Today I took the leap and have started the tasks in this book.
INDOOR GARDENER
Clause 1 - Over a period of at least 6 months keep at least 5 house plants alive! This should include at least one succulent, one cactus and one orchid.
I’m backdating the succulents. For my birthday last year I was given a ‘grow your own succulents’ kit. On 30th January 2001 I planted the little seeds. On 3rd April 2021, they looked like this …
And now they look like this …
So that’s a total of 18 months keeping the succulents alive. I think I can tick that off my list.
Next, the cactus. I bought this little one today at Poundstretcher in Great Yarmouth!
I don’t know what type of cactus it is, or if it has even been taken care of prior to coming home with me. We shall wait and see.
CRAFT
Over a period of up to three months, try at least five of the following activities. Appliqué, Calligraphy, Candle Making, Collage, Crochet, Cross-stitch, Felting, Flower Pressing, Jewellery Making, Knitting, Macramé, Origami, Paper Cutting, Patchwork, Pottery, Quilting, Soap Making, Tatting, Weaving, Wood Whittling.
Today I started a cross-stitch that I’ve had for over a year; a Christmas tree.
FITNESS
Set yourself a target number of days per week you wish to exercise … try to challenge yourself a bit …
I have one of these weighted hula hoop things …
… and I’ve seen videos of people on TikTok who do this for 30 minutes per day for 1 month, and have lost a lot of tummy. I don’t think I can do 30 minutes, so I’ll start with 15 minutes each day and see how I get on.
I’m going to keep a note of my weight, as well as my chest/waist/hip measurements.
Weight - 200lb / 90.7kg
Chest - 103cm
Waist - 97cm
Hips - 110cm
GOOD HABITS
Decide on a positive change you wish to make in 4 areas of your life - life admin, health and fitness, household chores and self care. Over a period of at least 90 days, create positive habits for yourself, by regularly making the 4 chosen changes to your life.
Life admin: Opening and filing away mail as soon as it arrives
Health and fitness: 50 squats per day
Household: Regularly do laundry and ironing so it doesn’t pile up
Self care: Remember to clean my teeth before bed
SELF CARE
07 - ALCOHOL - give up alcohol for three months
I don’t really drink much anyway, and I’ve greatly reduced my alcohol intake over the last 6 months or so. So for this challenge, my last alcoholic drink was Saturday 6th August 2022.
06 - PAMPER - regularly schedule in beauty treatments
I’m backdating thing task as I regularly have massages once a month, as well as getting my eyebrows waxed.
DIARIST
Over a period of six months, write a journal at least four times per week.
And this, dear friends, will be my journal. I will update every time I do something related to the challenges and tasks in the Rebel Badge Book.
On top of this, I have recorded a weekly video diary for the past 124 weeks, so I will carry on with that.
Comments
Post a Comment